Warning: This is a LONG post!
About a month ago, I flew back to England for about 2 weeks to surprise my friend Louise. Both her husband (Richie) and I have been planning this trip for months but we had to keep it on the low-down so she will not find out I was coming. I must say that I now consider England my third home. I am in love with England’s beauty, its green hills and the beautiful country side. I really wish I could move there like right NOW!!
I want to apologize if some of my pictures are out of focus. One of my lenses broke right before my trip and then I drop my other lens while I was there…. I know…I literally cried for two days.
I want to apologize if some of my pictures are out of focus. One of my lenses broke right before my trip and then I drop my other lens while I was there…. I know…I literally cried for two days.
As planned I showed up at Lou's house and surprised her. She was very surprised and the best part was that Evie didn't forget who I was. She hugged me without any hesitation. She is such a sweet little girl! Yes, I know I look horrible. I was exhausted; I traveled for day in half via plane and train.
The first days of my trip Lou took me around Newcastle. We walked around the town and remembered all our adventures while we lived there.
We went past my favorite store, the farmer's market of Newcastle, Grainger Market. I almost went crazy when I saw the huge boxes of blueberries and raspberries for only 99p. And of course, Lou had to stop and get some shoes by Grainger Market.
I had to stop by our old neighborhood and our old apt. I almost cried when I saw it. I promised Matt I would take a picture of me in front of our old apt building.
I felt so bad leaving Matt behind in New York while I played in Newcastle. But I promised him I would make a special stop at his favorite place; St. James Park. I wished he had been there to see Newcastle win their soccer match.
The best part of my trip I think it was to be able to see our old friends. Not only I got to see our friends that are from Newcastle but I also got to see others who I shared some amazing experiences while living in Grenada.
One night we got to make our own pizza in the pizza oven that Richie made in his own backyard. Talk about being creative. The Durham's were there that night and of course they always bring the spirit into the party.
In honor of Matt, one night we went to the coast and we had fish in chips in his honor. I must say we missed Matthew like crazy.
Eating fish and chips with Eivie and Richie.
This is the first part of the England trip. More to come on London, Durham and the Lake District.










7 comments:
How fun!! I wish that we would have done the GSP program. Going to London this summer made me fall in love with that country. So glad you got to go back! XOXO
I literally cried the entire time reading this post! I miss our home there so badly! Everyday my heart feels homesick for Newcastle! We all had so much fun there! I am so glad you got to go and visit everyone! I'm trying to talk Chase into going back home next summer!!
So beautiful! And AH AH AH about your lenses! Such a sad sad day :( But I guess that means you get to get new ones :)
I'm so glad that you had a great trip :)
Yeah!! You got chance to post pictures, so how have to tweeked them as the ones of town look different to the copies i have on my computer. I'm so glad you came to visit and can't wait till we get to have fun together in New York with Matt as well!
Great photos of newcastle! you've inspired me to go out and take photos of our daily life here. so glad you came to visit!
oh my goodness that looks like a fun trip! you are the best friend ever to go see her. that's so nice of you! =) i want to go there so badly. it's such a cool place. i need to talk to you about long flights. i'm about to take the longest one of my life and i'm very nervous. call me sometime. my phone broke so i lost your #. hope you and matthew are doing well. love you and miss you!
Post a Comment