Sunday, August 23, 2009

Colombia: Villa de Leyva


This was our favorite part of our trip to Colombia. We went and visited Villa de Leyva, which is a small colonial town north of Bogota. Villa de Leyva is a town full of history, with beautiful restaurants and shops with handmade goods.


A local vendor.
The whole family.
That day was the 4th of July and as we were passing a shop there was a U.S flag in the window. So there is Matt showing respect for his country.
Earlier in our trip we went hiking in the mountains and then we went down a mountain on a zip line.

My sweet Penelope.

5 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

So cool. I love the picture of you and Penelope. It is beautiful.

Britt said...

Beautiful. Love it. Love you guys.

Heather said...

Just so gorgeous! I would love to go there some day, and I'm sure Matt would love to go back!

Louise Cave said...

It looks like the sort of place we would love to visit. We will have to go sometime on one of our many overseas trips with the Hatlers.

our corner around the globe said...

So...I didn't know that you were in Colombia!?! We went down in July and August. When are you coming back to "Los Estados"? JJ