Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Carnival

Grenada's Carnival is a celebration that takes place every year around the month of August. The celebration usually last over a week with different performances and activities. The photo's bellow are from the parade in St. George (downtown area of Grenada). Anyone can take part in the parade, even the local kids. It was great to see the local kids participating in the different activities. I am just so grateful to have to opportunity to live in Grenada and be able to experience what this beautiful island has to offer.

5 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

maria! these pics are awesome. I didn't even take my camera to the parade...silly me. what a fun memory :)

Justin & Ashlee said...

How fun Maria! Those are great shots. I am sad I never got to see Carnival. Justin said you skyped him the other night. I am sorry that I am slow getting back to you. My skype user name is ward.ashlee if you want to text me some night. It'd be fun to talk to you :)

Becky and Brad said...

Awesome pictures of Carnival! One of you is a great photographer! I'm guessing Maria!! Love you- Becky

Becky and Brad said...

Awesome pictures of Carnival! One of you is a great photographer! I'm guessing Maria!! Love you- Becky

Becky and Brad said...

I don't know what my comment posted twice, Sorry! Also, I was reading one of the other comments and I saw that you use Skype. I would absolutely LOVE to Skype you, so let me know what your username is. I will tell you mine as soon as I get home and know what it is. Love you- Becky