I know it has been awhile since I've updated the blog and many of you are asking me for updates....so here you go. After three months of total craziness, we are finally all moved in and settled in NYC. In mid May we put all of our "belongings" in a 14 ft U-Haul truck. At first, we had troubles finding a place to live, we were mainly having trouble selecting between Queens or Manhattan. So for that reason, we sublet an apt in Brooklyn for a month while we found an apt. Then, by the beginning of June I found out I was accepted to Nursing school at NYU and that basically made us move to Manhattan.
This is our apt building in the Upper East Side...and yes, the yellow of the building is ugly but I have laundry in the building and that is priceless.
I had to post a picture of my kitchen because it's soooo small. I haven't had a dishwasher for two years now. Can't wait for the day that I have one!
This is our little neighborhood in the Upper East Side.
The best part about the area that we live is that there is a soccer field literally 2 minutes away from our apt. That makes Matt really happy after 24hr call at the hospital.
Last weekend, Matt finally had a weekend off and we went canoeing at central park.
Let me tell you, moving back to the States has not been easy. We think it is party due to the fact that we miss our little Grenada so much. We miss the island's simple life, the sense of community and most importantly our friends. Throughout this journey of moving to England and Grenada we've realized that our friends have become our family. I really think that Grenada damaged my perspective of what is truly beautiful. Once I moved here I had a hard time seeing the beauty of the city but I think I am finally getting get...well sort of.
Sorry for the long post. I usually like to do post that are short and straight to the point. I really think I don't make sense in half of it...but you get the point. Have a great weekend!









8 comments:
Yay for a post!! Finally! I miss you so much, Maria. Congrats on getting accepted to NYU's nursing school. That's amazing and I'm so proud of you! I'm glad you're finally settled in the "upper east side". Sounds so fancy!! haha. I hope we see you there next year :) Love you.
I am so excited for you getting into nursing! Yea! Your little appartment looks very homey and the canoing looked so fun! What a great way to spend an afternoon. Those little moments we actually get to spend with our hubbies are priceless! Miss you lots and glad to know you're settling.
I really don't think your new little kitchen is any smaller than the one you had in Newcastle, is it? Wherever you are you always make it a home! Is there a guest room for me? And Matt looks tired...now THERE'S a surprise, huh!
Enjoy the City. I know you will!
I'm so glad for your "long" post :)
Looks like you guys are doing great. NYC looks so fun! We are missing our island like crazy too. Maybe someday we can all go back! Congrats on nursing school. You will be Matt's favorite nurse for sure :)
You made a post! Your kitchen is cute and cozy looking :) New York looks so fun and I'm with Camden you got a guest room! You guys will have to keep us posted on all your big city living expeditions.
how fun to see your house and where you are these days. you're so lucky to get to experience such fun places, especially before the kiddos come along. i hope you and our friends can get together sometime out there, they're way fun and you'd love their little boys. i'll give them your # (if that's ok) bye! take care!!!!
Love the new background! And all the pictures are so beautiful! We miss you guys! Hurry and change your fourth year to CA.
I just spotted this, I love the photos and have decided you need to take some pictures of NYC for me to frame and hang in my house. I'll exchange them for Hadrians Wall photos! Glad you are back to blogging.
Post a Comment