This is Matt’s second year of med-school and for the rest of the year we get to live in beautiful Grenada. I’ve said it before, I am a procrastinator and sometimes it takes me AGES to post things. I know all of you have been dying to see what Grenada is like so here you go.
Important facts about Grenada according to Lonely Planet Guide Book:
-Population: 90,000
-Main Language: English
-Capital: St. George’s
-Sister Islands: Carriacou & Petit Martinique
-Grenada is 12 miles wide and 21 miles long
-Known as the Spice Island for its production of Nutmeg.
-In 1498 during his third trip to the Americas, Christopher Columbus conquered Grenada.
-In the mid 1600’s the French purchased the Island from the Grenadines for two bottles of brandy, a couple of axes and a few glass beads.
-Due to the Treaty of Paris, Grenada became a colony of England in 1783.
-Grenada gained independence February 7, 1974
-Most Popular Sport: Cricket
- St. Georges University is located close to the airport
-We live in the Lance Aux Pines peninsula

Concord Waterfalls
Friends



St. George's University.
Ok, so one of you must be tempted to come visit. We always love visitors!
8 comments:
No, not jealous about you living for the next year in the Caribbean. None at all. Must visit. Must win lotto...
Oh, Maria, how beautiful! And what a wonderful photographer you have become! I'm very impressed! And, yes, I think I might have to come visit you again...
You know that I am tempted to come and visit! Our 5 year anniversary is next month, but Matt doesn't have any vacation time! Where will you be next Feb? That's my 30th and he promised to take me somewhere great?!
seriously, this looks amazing. As hard as medical school is, one should be rewarded with living in the West Indies! Good Luck with this most recent adventure!
Wow - super beautiful. Rough life you have there! :)
Wow, I can't believe you get to live in paradise for an entire year! It looks so wonderful! Enjoy every moment of it for me!
I didn't know you have a blog! Send me your email address and I'll add you to mine! Great pictures, bytheway.
wow, it's pretty there! are things going well? the school looks very nice and upscale...go matt. if i have a spare week im gonna head down there and bring my rugrats with me! sound fun to you guys?! =) one day we'll visit-wherever you are. i promise
Post a Comment