Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fooootball!!!!

Last Saturday was Matt's last chance to go to St. James park to see Newcastle United play. This was my first English Premier League game and I got to say it was very suspenseful. I had a great time and I love watching the Geordie fans singing their chants. Newcaslte United tied against Wigan 2-2. (They played really well after they got scored on but the score remained 1-0 until they put Michael Owen on the field. Shola Ameobi ripped a quick left footed shot that the Wigan keeper deflected and Owen pounced on the loose ball to drive it into the net. The crowd went wild and the guy next to Matt hugged him. Then a beautiful through ball played to Obafemi Martins was handled well and he blasted a left footer into the opposite corner to give us the lead. The 50,000 Englishmen in attendance went berserk and Matt got to hug that guy again as they jumped up and down. Then the unthinkable happened and Newcastle collapsed. Wigan got a corner and scored from a header to tie.) Matt wrote the stuff in parenthesis.....I am not that much of a fanatic.

Matt, concentrated on the game.

Crazy Geordie fans.

I can't believe our time here in England is almost done. We are going to miss this place so so much.

5 comments:

Jess said...

when i was reading in the parenthsis i was getting VERY impressed with your football lingo! =) we're glad your coming closer to us! maybe one day we can get together again.

A and A said...

Ha ha I was going to say the same thing as Jessica only to realize that it was really Matt talking. Camden Gave us the cute little Football outfit that you found when she was over there, I can’t wait to put Brent in it!

Britt said...

I was getting schooled until you admission of co-authorship. Sound like a wife's dream come true...hmmm.....or not! Would still love to see Clay watch an EPL match. Someday.

Louise Cave said...

We really are going to miss you guys, especially when the matches are on!! I'm not sure what Richard will do, he's loosing his Pro Evo buddie as well.

The Momma said...

YES!!! We want to see Matt!! Have him call Trey please!! I will get the gang together!!