I am officially a U.S. citizen. Now I can travel around the world without government officials staring at my passport for hours and I can finally vote. I am greatful to be a U.S. citizen because the U.S. has given me a lot of opportunities that I could not have had in Colombia. I traveled for 24 hours straight back to the UK. That day Matt took me out to dinner and when we were finishe dI noticed Matt was anxious to leave. In the UK, restaurants expect you to sit around for a while and they seemed confused when Matt had asked for the check three times. They asked if he was ok. When we got home Matt had organized a surprise USA party!
Matt made a couple games. "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" and a "Bean Bag Toss" tournament.
Matt made the cakes. I was impressed with his skills. Me showin' you what Colombia is famous for.
These are our fabulous friends in England.
Happy Hikers
The next morning we set for one of the things I've really wanted to see - Hadrian's Wall. I took Roman history classes and I have been fascinated with Roman history for a while. Matt went before and promised to take me there. We got there at 11:00 and hiked along the wall until about 4:00 covering about 8 miles. There were beautiful views.
6 comments:
I'm sad I didn't get to see you while you were here! But I'm so happy for you and Matt. You seem like you're having so much fun over there.
Why does that tree look so familiar??
Congrats on your citizenship! That is awesome. Matt was so sweet to organize that party! You guys get to see some of the coolest places! I am so jealous!
What a great post. A hearty congratulations to Maria. Go USA. The hiking sounds and looks amazing. Miss you guys.
Congrats!!!! I agree with Jenn!! You guys get to see the coolest places!!!! Trey said congrats too!! We miss you guys!!!
Congrats on becoming a citizen of the USA! I really wish we could have seen you while you were here, but we have been gone so much this summer. I'm glad that you had a safe return to your hubby, and it looks like the party was a blast!
great job on the party matt! it was fun talking to you, maria, but im sad we didnt get to talk more. glad you're home safe!! that picture of matt in the roman soldier hat makes me laugh! congrats on being a citizen, no more weird looks when you want to travel!!
Post a Comment