Once we got to Edinburgh we explored the city and we tried to visit all the "touristy" areas. We walked down the popular street the Royal Mile. The Royal Mile is the main street for Edinburgh's "Old Town" and it holds very posh-like stores. As we walked down the Royal Mile we explored through some closes, which are very narrow streets that hold houses on both sides of the close. Back in the mid 1700's the Edinburgh council decided to build new buildings in the same area where the closes we situated. In order to make this building project affordable they tore up the top part of the houses and left the lower areas. We visited Mary King's Close, an underground close that gives an historical account of the people who lived in these closes in the seventeen and eighteen centuries.
In the afternoon we kept exploring the city and climbed all the way up to Calton Hill, Edinburgh's first Public Park. From there we had a great view of the city. As we were heading back to the train station to go back home I took some interesting photos. Take a look.
The view of the Calton Hill Park from the city
A view of Edinburgh from the Calton Hill Park
In order to avoid fights in bars... Football is everywere!
English in a very Scotish way.
7 comments:
It looks like you guys are having a great time. It's so nice to be able to check up on you and see what you are up to now that I have your blog address. keep us all posted
all i can say is, whoa! you are so lucky to be able to see all of that stuff! thanks for the update. keep them coming!
It looks beautiful! That's so cool that you're getting to see different places. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well! Miss you!
-Nathaly
So beautiful. You should have worn your yellow Colombian kit, ya wee lass.
Wow, gorgeous scenery! One day I really want to see all of these things. Stephanie's husband Greg went on his mission to Scotland, and I know that he dying to go back for a visit. Thanks for sharing the photos.
I am so jealous! Greg served in Scotland and we were supposed to go back later this year, but that is not going to happen. Sad. I am glad you got to go. Someday we'll make it there!
How fun! I love Europe. Edinburgh was a cool city too. Kevin told me your blog was listed on Heather and Matt's, so I decided to check it out. Good luck with all your adventures. Florida is still sunny. We'll soak it up for you!
Post a Comment